Here are some interesting facts about Pens and Pencils that will surprise you!
- There is no risk of lead poisoning if you stab yourself (or someone else) with a pencil because it contains no lead—just a mixture of clay and graphite. Still, pencil wounds can still lead to infections.
- Got time to kill? The average pencil holds enough graphite to draw a line about 35 miles long or to write roughly 45,000 words.
- The largest pencil in the world is 20 meters high, and can be found in Malaysia.
- Throughout the world, there are 14 billion pencils manufactured every year.
- The word pen comes from the Latin word pinna.
- There are five main types of pens used throughout the world – ballpoint, fountain, soft-tip, rolling-ball and specialty pens.
- The first ballpoint pen was invented in 1938 by a Hungarian journalist named Laszio Biro.
Let us know if you enjoyed this by leaving us a comment below!
And if you did enjoy this then why not?
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us at www.morganoffice.co.uk for all the pens and pencils you like.