Have everything ready the night before
- Lay out the clothes you’re going to wear.
- Complete any tasks you might normally leave for the morning, like writing emails or printing out documents.
- Pack up your bag or briefcase with everything you’ll need the next day.
- Have everything ready so you can make a quick breakfast, or eliminate the need for morning cooking altogether by making some overnight oats.
Keep your essentials near the door
- If you tend to walk in the door and leave your keys on the counter, your wallet in the bedroom, and your phone on the kitchen table, you’ll spend too much extra time looking for everything when you could be on your way. Every once in a while, you’ll probably forget an important item and have to go back to retrieve it, making you even later.
- Instead, the moment you walk in the door, empty your pockets of all your essential items and put them in the same place every time. If you keep everything in your purse, put that in the same spot in your house every time, too.
Commit yourself to being 15 minutes early for everything
- If you can’t stand waiting, have something you can read in short segments almost everywhere you go. This makes it easy to be early, since in the 10-15 minutes you have before an appointment/event, you can get a few pages of reading done. It’ll feel like you’re getting something done (and you are) while you are waiting.
Overestimate the time it’ll take to get there
- Sometimes, it’s hard to know exactly how long it will take to get somewhere. If you’re preparing for an important meeting, like an interview, you might want to drive the route or do the train commute in advance of the meeting day. Time your trip so you’ll know what time you need to leave the house.
- Don’t forget to add 15 minutes to the overall trip time to account for delays. If you figure it’ll take 40 minutes to get to your meeting site, leave 55 minutes early just in case something trips you up.
If you enjoyed then why not?
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us at www.morganoffice.co.uk