Create an organized work area.
Make sure you know where everything is in your work space. Also, know why you have each item. If you don’t identify a reason, get rid of the item.
Think about why your workload volume is growing.
Perhaps layoffs have caused the workforce to shrink in your department or place of employment.
- Look over the department where you work. Is it staffed with fewer people than a year ago?
- How many people do the same, or similar, jobs as you do? You may have received some of the assignments that others previously collected.
Assess each task as it comes to you.
Take a couple of minutes to set your mind straight as to what must be done and when. You must manage your time well to make it all work correctly.
- Begin every job immediately, unless you are already working on something else.
- Make yourself work faster on each task than you normally would.
- Burnout, however, comes quickly if you pace yourself too fast and are unable to keep up the rate of work.
- You need to do more than simply complete the high volume of tasks you have been given. You must complete these assignments correctly the first time around.
- Know which project is most important, but don’t leave off parts of one job to begin a new assignment. An assignment you are preparing because the president of the company is involved has a higher priority level than one that is run of the mill.
Consider what aspects of your assignment go into getting a job well done.
- The chances are very good that you need to know specific business strategies to get the job done right and ahead of schedule. You will be able to start on the next project once this one is finished.
- Do you know the market pros and cons relating to your workload? The person who gave you the task to do has confidence in you, so continue to learn.
And finally treat yourself kindly.
- Take scheduled breaks and be sure to enjoy your weekends rather than working through them. You will have more energy if you do things this way.
If you enjoyed then why not?
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us at www.morganoffice.co.uk